Au Naturale Cosmetics Review

Eye Liner Pencil in Deep Sea $18.00
Swatch
I really loved how this shade complimented my brown eyes! It's a deep blue, but when smudged you can see more of a blue tone. Without a primer it lasts several hours, but if you have oily skin or plan to sweat I'd suggest using a primer underneath.

This pencil isn't super soft, and waxy or smudgy, it has a more solid consistency so a little more pressure is needed to apply, but I found because of this I was better able to get the liner just where I wanted it.

Creme Eye Shadows in Indigo & Olive Lea $20.00
Indigo
Olive Lea
Swatches
These creme shadows are insanely pigmented! Just a little bit goes a long way, I was very impressed in fact, they're equally as pigmented as some gel liners which makes them a great base for darker, going out looks or everyday smokey eyes.

These did crease on me without the use of a primer so I'd suggest using an eye primer, and setting them with a powder shadow to give them that extra pop of color, and staying power. The texture of these is creamy without being greasy, and once applied have a drier more powder-like consistency.

Lipstick in African Affair $22.00
Swatch
This color is so unique! It's the type of shade you can apply sheer or heavy, and will suit most skin tones. I imagine it would be especially gorgeous on darker skin because of the rich, berry/brown tones in this lipstick.

On me (pale skinned) I found this to be wearable as long as I paired it with light eye makeup. The texture of this lipstick is smooth, and overall the lipstick feels firmer than most, it reminds me a lot of natural lip balms. The lasting power is good, and once it wears off some it leaves behind a faint stain.

Lip Gloss in Ravish $15.00
Swatch
I'll be honest, I'm not generally a huge fan of lip glosses, but I actually really like this one. My main dislike of most lip glosses is the thick, gooey texture and stickiness with not much color, but this gloss has great color payoff, is non-sticky, and actually moisturizes. It doesn't give my lips a wet, dripping vinyl look, but instead gives them color, moisture, and shine.

As fast as lasting power the shine fades from talking/eating, but the color stays behind. Side note the Ravish shade is so pretty in person!

Organic Creme Highlighter Stick $32.00
Swatch
I absolutely LOVE this highlighter! I have very dry, sensitive skin, and while I love a dewy glow I usually skip on highlighter because it has always accentuated any dry patches. This highlighter is different being that it is a cream it actually seems to add moisture to my skin, and gives me such a pretty, natural looking glow.

Au Naturale is makeup for a great cause, ten percent of Au Naturale's sales help fund ZOCS ( Zambia Open Community Schools) and as their company grows, so will their outreach to other non-profit organizations.

Overall, I think this is a great, natural brand especially for beginners and those who are just starting out with makeup. If I could only recommend only one product my pick would be the Creme Highlighter! Au Naturale products are Organic, Vegan, Naturally Derived, Gluten-Free and (of course) cruelty free!

For more info visit